As the popularity of marijuana continues to grow and prohibition slowly fades into the past, there are more and more people looking for ways to enhance and improve the quality of their high. With high culture food events in Colorado now including marijuana on the menu to complement the meal in the same way wine has in the past, it's worth exploring how food and marijuana mix. As it turns out, there are many healthy foods that can improve and extend your high. This is a far cry from the usual marijuana food associations with pizza and hot Cheetos. As it turns out, fruits and vegetables can give your high the goods after all.
1. Mangoes Offer the Benefit of Myrcene
2. Terpenes in Broccoli Bring Relief
3. Make Your Marijuana High Even More Uplifting with Sweet Potatoes
These veggies are packed full of good stuff for the body including carbohydrates, vitamin b and vitamin e, which all work to improve mood in the body. Carbohydrates and vitamin b improve serotonin production, generally helping to stabilize and uplift at the same time. Vitamin e deficiency is also known to lead to depression and a healthy boost improves mood and your overall state of mind, boosting the euphoria of a marijuana high.
4. Fast Tracking Your High with the Omega 3 from NutsThe omega 3 healthy oil found in nuts can greatly enhance a high from edibles. The healthy fats speed up the rate at which the high hits because they bind to the cannabinoid receptors in the brain, helping the cannabinoids from marijuana pass through the blood brain barrier. This speeds up how quickly the high will hit and extends the length of the high after it does.
5. More Terpene Fun with Herbs and SpicesOnce again we're dealing with terpenes here. Herbs such as thyme, bay and sage contain a terpene called pinene which is known to open the passages in the lungs which helps the body absorb the cannabinoids with greater ease. This also speeds up and extends the marijuana high. Another terpene called limonene, found in lemongrass, lemon thyme and lemon basil, can decrease the occasional negative of a high, such as anxiety and depression.
6. A Euphoric Cup of Tea
Both black and green tea contain catechin, a compound that attaches itself to the CB1 receptors in the brain. This creates a feeling of relaxation when taken on its own but when consumed alongside marijuana, it increases the feelings of euphoria and reduces the chances of feeling negative emotions such as stress. As you can see, there's a special kind of science involved when it comes to pot and food and there are lots of ways to improve and extend your high. It's worth experimenting to see what works best for you.
Can you add to this list? Let us know what food increases your high.
Remember, using pre-rolled raw cones is a fast and simple way to keep the high going. Cheers!